I’m sure we’ve written several blogs, emails, social media posts, and talked about the importance of email marketing, but it’s 2018 and there are still people who aren’t taking advantage of the amazingness of it so, it’s time to share some remarkable statistics with you.
Share this Post
- The return on investment is MASSIVE! There are many reasons to use email marketing but if you are honest with yourself, the end goal is to make money. And for every $1 spent on email marketing, you get an $83 return on your investment. That is huge!
- It’s bigger than social media. Yes, Facebook ads are big right now, but email marketing is the most direct way to reach and interact with your clients and prospects. People are twice as likely to sign up for your email list as they are to interact with you on Facebook.
- People prefer to communicate via email. Let’s be honest, very few people like to pick up the phone and call people these days – and even fewer like answering – especially with all the spam robocalls these days. 72% of consumers prefer email as their source of communication – they can learn about your business and make informed buying decisions.
- Your customers WANT emails from you. Surprised? Well, 61% actually enjoy receiving promo emails and 38% want more frequent emails!
- Consumers who purchased products via email spent 138% more than those that didn’t receive email offers.
- The conversion rate for men and women on a desktop is about equal, but women are more likely to purchase on a tablet and men on a smartphone.
- Wonder why Red Barn predominantly sends plain text emails for our weekly newsletters? Because although people SAY they prefer HTML emails, the open rates are higher for plain text.
- Don’t have a segmented email list – you might want to create them. Segmented lists have a 14% higher open rate and 100% higher click thru rate. WOW!
It doesn’t matter the size of your business, but when it comes to email marketing, you can’t afford NOT to invest in it. From a limited budget to a hefty one, you can still accomplish great things using email as a business tool. With so many awesome platforms out there, it’s easy to find one that can meet your needs and your budget. Not sure where to get started – give us a call. We love talking about email marketing!