One of the first things I do with a new client is ask them what the next 5-10 years looks like for them – in other words, what do they want their life to be?
Most people can’t answer that question or if they do it’s very vague. Most say they just want to be successful, or be a millionaire. That doesn’t cut it for me – I want specifics.
Share this Post
When you are crystal clear on what you want, creating the path to get there is far easier to follow and keep yourself accountable.
Here’s how to get started:
- Create a vision board, vision book, or write a story about what your ideal life looks like. Include everything you want. The idea is to get you to a point where you can taste, hear, touch, and feel exactly how your life will look like.
- Get a planner or a notebook – you will now be living your life in 90-day increments. Create your first 90 plan – what goals do you want to accomplish by the end of those 90 days – all have to be related to achieving your ideal life.
- Create a list of things you will need to DO in order to reach said goals in #2. Be very specific. If you want to be debt free what are the specific things you will need to do to get there?
- Break it down into daily activities – what do you need to do each day to cross the things you created in #3 off your list?
- Hold yourself accountable by telling someone else your plan.
- Do weekly recaps – where are you, where did you lag, where are you ok? If you are crossing everything off your list without a struggle or a little discomfort it’s probably too easy. Beef it up a bit. 🙂 If you are struggling to cross anything off – reassess the list. Are you just not doing the work or were you unrealistic on what you had on there?
- At the 70 day mark start thinking about the next 90 days.
- Rinse and repeat.
In order to achieve what most people will tell you is unachievable you need to be able to envision your success and start living “As If” you are already there.
Be a dreamer. Adopt the “Yes I can, and Yes I will” mindset. Write it down. Take Action.