[ThursdayClub] Are you in Scarcity?
“Working because you WANT to, not because you HAVE to is Financial Freedom” Tony Robbins
Financial Freedom means something different for everyone. For some it’s being able to retire early, travel the world, pay off debt – for me – I’m on Team Tony.
I can’t say I don’t “have” to work – but I can honestly say I’m doing what I love so 90% of the time it doesn’t feel like work. I’ve become a minimalist and spend more of my money on experiences that bring me long-lasting joy versus things that bring me fleeting joy.
How I was able to get to this point was learning how to Shift from a Scarcity Mindset to an Abundance Mindset.
Nothing I mean NOTHING is off the table.
Instead of saying “I can’t afford X”, I say “I’m doing X, what do I need to make that happen?”
Some people think I’m crazy and irresponsible, I say I’m living an abundant life and have an abundance mindset. FYI – I always get what I want when I want it badly enough.
Here’s the thing – you can have a scarcity mindset even with a million dollars in the bank. I’ve seen this quite often. It’s never enough, there’s always money stress….
How do you Rise above and SHIFT from SCARCITY to ABUNDANCE
- Gratitude. Remember that the majority of the world lives on far less than you do. Be damn grateful for what you DO have versus what you DON’T have. Seriously this is #1 on the list. Forget about the damn Joneses – they aren’t happy anyway because it’s never enough.
- “More” Talk. News flash – you can always get more money. Back to Tony – it’s about learning how to be resourceful versus looking for resources. Each time you spend money on something – be it paying a bill, buying yourself that cute little sports car, taking the vacation of a lifetime or tossing it in your savings tell yourself that it’s just money and you can go make more of it. The key is to 100% KNOW you have the ability and opportunity to make more money. It’s not finite.
- Me Fund. I always have a ME fund going. It’s a separate savings account that is just for fun stuff. Right now I have my 60th birthday bash in Italy starting. I’m putting $500 a month in there, plus 50% of my network marketing income. It’s fun watching it grow and hell – I’m taking the family to Italia!
- Leverage & Knowledge. Here’s the deal – you need to understand how to make money work for you, versus you working for money. You need to learn how the stock market works, how real estate investing works and the power of recurring income is oh so sweet. There are a variety of ways to make money work for you – Dave and I have our own businesses with clients who are on retainer, we own real estate, we are invested in the stock market and we have a network marketing wellness business. Yes – we get paid when we are sleeping – that is leverage.
- Give it Away. Whenever I get that scarcity thing going on – as in stressed about money, I write a check to a local charity. One – it reminds me that I’m far wealthier than I think, and Two it makes me feel good that my money is going to someone who needs it more than I do. You’ll feel like a Queen (or King).
- Don’t be Cheap. Yes, this means that it’s far better to buy quality than quantity, but I’m going deeper – don’t be cheap with YOU. I’m talking personal development. The more you surround yourself with Money Mindset Mantras and People – the more easily you’ll shift out of scarcity.
- I AM RICH. What you say you become. There really isn’t anything left to be said about this. If you constantly say you are poor, you will be. If you constantly say you suck with money, you will.
Take a hard look at your money mindset. Are you hoarding money away for SOMEDAY or are you leveraging it to ENJOY your life TODAY?
Cindy “I am RICH” Donaldson