[ThursdayClub] The Finish Line is……
Last week we talked about overcommitting, working on priorities, and the glory of NO – this week we are addressing the dirty little secret of giving up too soon or UNDERCOMMITTING.
If you want to accomplish anything BIG in life – those bucket list dreams, the new job, the new company, the new side hustle – the new anything, you have to put in the work.
Most people quit inches from the finish line – when the going is tough, and you have to dig down deep to get it done.
The top dogs, top earners, living the dream lifers have some serious things in common.
They KNOW without a shadow of a doubt what they want.
They KNOW without any hesitancy that they will accomplish their goals and get what they want.
They KNOW it won’t always be easy and success is a long game.
They KNOW the self-doubt gremlin will sneak in often and they will have to slay the bugger.
They KNOW that they need to think like a CEO, not an employee.
They KNOW that under-committing isn’t going to get them where they want to go.
If you want BIG, AUDACIOUS, BOLD things you need to be all in, not half-assed and that means committing to the GOAL.
Here’s some other truths:
Your timeline that you have in your head – yea, it probably won’t happen. Big Dream Lifers (like me) focus on the end goal, not the timeline. I think BIG and always have reach goals – it pushes me to be better. Sometimes those goals don’t get slain in the timeframe I set forth for myself. I don’t give up because I didn’t do it – I keep going.
If you read yesterday’s email – I 100% ALWAYS get what I really want and the above is why.
Don’t under-commit on shit that is super important to you. Think marathon not sprint. Be a long hauler, not a half asser.
You’ll get what you want. Trust me – been there, done that.
- Go look at your vision board. Don’t have one? Create one.
- Find ONE thing you’ve wanted and for whatever reason, you’ve tried and given up inches before the finish line more than once.
- Re-commit to that ONE thing – right now, today.
- You know the drill – create a plan to reach said goal, choose a deadline, and go.
- Remember – progress, not perfection and consistency wins each and every time. One step in front of the other my friend and before you know it you are picking up your medal for that marathon.
Cheers and have an awesome weekend!