[ThursdayClub] Week 2 – Detoxing your Body
Happy Friday !
As you have now discovered, the Thursday Club is now an open-source space and you will no longer be charged a monthly membership fee. Feel free to share with the world – the more the merrier!
Week two of “Is your Life Out of Control? Time to take it back” – I hope you spent some time last week decluttering your home. It’s truly liberating!!
This week we are decluttering our bodies because when you fuel your body with foods that don’t drag you down – you FEEL better and THINK better and frankly you just perform better in every area of your life.
This week I want you to just choose ONE thing to change. Do it for 7 Days and see how you feel. Below are 10 things to dip your toes in – I’m hoping some of them stick and become habits!
- The goal is to drink at minimum HALF your Body Weight in ounces of water per day. If you weigh 200 pounds you should drink 100 ounces of water a day if you are just doing normal “stuff”. Working out, sweating up a storm – amp it up! Be careful with commercial hydration drinks that have a ton of sugar – they are a hard pass for me! I use specifically designed pre, during and post workout supplement drinks that are good for me.
- JERF – or Just Eat Real Food! This is more challenging than you may think – but purest don’t use ANYTHING processed – I’m a bit more relaxed. I will use something processed if it’s made up of Real Foods – but doesn’t have any gross additives like high fructose corn syrup. YUCK! To do this – shop the perimeter of your grocery store – and maybe head down the beans and legumes aisle.
- No Fast Food. No explanation needed.
- No Alcohol. Again – no explanation needed.
- Meatless Mondays – or try being a Plant Based Eater for a week! You will be AMAZED at how you feel!
- No Sugar. This is challenging because the American diet has sugar in just about everything. Start with no refined sugar – including high fructose corn syrup. So read your labels. I tend to use honey and maple syrup as my sweeteners.
- Ditch the Soda – be it the gross amount of sugar or the artificial sweeteners – it’s bad for you. Say good-bye
- 5-10,000 Steps a Day
- Yoga – Yoga’s benefits are truly limitless. It’s a lifestyle and even if you just adopted the movement & stretching it’s a win! Check out a class online – head over to YouTube there are tons of tutorials!
- Intermittent Fasting – I like 16:8 – so I fast for 16 hours and eat during an 8 hour period. Most people do NOT get hungry until after they eat their first bite of food! Try it!