Is Network Marketing “REAL BUSINESS” and why it matters
If you are making money – the answer is YES.
I think there is a stigma around the MLM (Multi Level Marketing) that’s not always warranted. The visions of Ponzi pyramid schemes runs through people’s minds and all of a sudden one’s spidey senses are in hyper-drive at the mention of “joining the cult”.
Here’s my $.02. Some networking marketing companies are not worth even considering, while others offer amazing opportunities for people to make a good deal of money if they are up for the hustle.
- None and I mean NONE will get you rich quickly. It’s a sales job – it will take time. Usually 3-5 years.
- If you want to be a big dog, you have to work like a big dog – I mean St. Bernard work.
- It’s called Network Marketing for a reason – you have to share, talk it up and connect.
- You have to BELIEVE in the product you are selling if you want to be one of those Big Dogs. 100% honesty and transparency will sell – if you don’t really believe in the product or service – you won’t be successful, at least on a big level.
- Speaking of success – it’s different for everyone. Some just want to make another $100 per month, some just want products at wholesale while others want to make 5-6 figures.
- For the most part – Social Media will 100% be your friend. Again – it’s all about the network marketing part of it.
- You need to understand the compensation policies – IE how you get paid, BEFORE you sign on the dotted line. Every single one is different.
- Speaking of policies – it’s YOUR responsibility to read the fine print. Talk to others who have done it, research the hell out of the company – what are the complainers complaining about.
- Know that not everyone will think what you are doing is fabulous – haters will be haters.
- Chances are your family and your BFF will not be your “partners” – INITIALLY. If they are, they probably won’t be the hustlers – it’s just how it goes.
I’m a firm believer in multiple streams of income, MLMs do that. So, am I currently involved with any Network Marketing companies? Yes. I’ve done several in my lifetime – either I liked the products or it was a great way for me to make a few extra bucks. All were a decent experience. Currently Dave and I have a business with Market America – we are fairly new to the game, but we like the products and the business plan. It makes sense for our nomadic lifestyle and we’ve met some cool people. We still have our companies – this is just another income stream for us.
How to choose one? Do your homework, find one that fits your lifestyle and interests you! Dave and I are long distance runners, and really active – so we gravitated towards the health and wellness part of the company we are with. Again – it made sense for us and it’s a Red Barn affair since my #1 Jenn is actually the one that introduced me to it! Gotta love a great employee!
What has been your experience?